Hampton Beach Soccer
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
- It's all for the love of the game!
- The fields are setup on the soft sand parallel to Ocean Boulevard.
- Team outings and picnics are welcome and encouraged.
- High school, town rec, town travel, club, college and adult teams are welcome.
- Tournaments are single day events.
- Games will be officiated by referees.
- The earliest game time is 8:30am.
- We are working with coaches to accommodate start times.
- Teams are guaranteed three games in the Group Stage.
- Teams may roster 10 players per team for a game.
- Teams may sign up with a team roster of 10+, however:
- Team fee includes 12 wristbands (10 player + 2 coach).
- Teams will choose a maximum of 10 players for each game.
- It is encouraged to split large teams and that would require an additional team fee.
- No Shoes! Players play with barefoot or socks.
- Shin pads and any hard plastic or metal medical equipment is prohibited.
- Athletic and KT tape is okay.
- Socks are totally optional and based on personal preference.
- Teams are guaranteed three games in this round-robin stage of the 5v5 sand soccer tournament.
- Groups are made up of 4 (or more) teams.
- Games are 3 x 10 minute long periods with 2 minute breaks.
- Breaks happen after the 1st and 2nd periods.
- This is the single-elimination "knock out" stage.
- The teams with the highest point totals from the Group Stage will advance to this stage of the tournament.
- 16 team brackets have quarter, semi and Championship finals.
- 8 team brackets have semi-finals and Championship finals.
- Game clock counts down with running time.
- Group Stage Games: 3 x 10 minute long periods.
- Elimination stage games cannot end in a tie.
- If the score is tied after regulation time has expired, a winner will be decided by penalty kicks.
- When a game ends with tie score after regulation time has expired, teams are given a 2 minute break before sending 5 different players from each team to kick penalty shots.
- Penalty shots are taken in alternating order starting with the team that scored the first goal of the game.
- If still tied after all 10 shots, penalty kicks continue in sudden death format and rotate through the remaining 5 players.
- Scoring a PK Win: The winning team is awarded one additional goal to break the tie.
*The rules are subject to change only for the betterment of the game and only after careful consideration from soccer players, coaches and referees.
Top of Page